LG Infinia 47LX9500 LCD 3D HDTV Settings
Unit-to-unit sample variations, the viewing environment, and the source might render these recommendations less than optimum. They are provided only as a potentially useful starting place.
The settings here that are most likely to translate reliably from one sample to another are those involving specific features with only a few setting options, such as Color Gamut, Gamma, and Noise Reduction. The ones most likely to be subject to sample variations are video controls offering a wide range of settings. This will be particularly true for color temperature (gray scale) and color management adjustments (where available).
Because this set offers the option of a 10-point grayscale adjustment, which we used for calibration, the optimum calibration settings are likely to be even more sample dependent than usual. Our results should therefore be considered only as rough guidelines.
While experimenting with the user menus controls can do no damage and can easily be reset, we do not provide settings for service menu adjustments. Random alterations of such controls without detailed knowledge of what they do may corrupt a set's firmware. This will likely require extensive in-shop repairs that are not covered under the warrantee.
We strongly recommend that you find the optimum basic video settings for your sample by using one of the many display setup DVDs that are available, such as Digital Video Essentials (DVD), DVE HD Basics (Blu-ray), or the Spears and Munsil High Definition Benchmark. A full calibration, particularly of the gray scale and color gamut, is best left to a trained and properly equipped technician such as those certified by the Imaging Science Foundation (ISF) or THX.
Energy Saving: Off
Picture Mode: Expert1
H Sharpness: 49
V Sharpness: 50
- Dynamic Contrast: Off
- Noise Reduction: Off
- Digital Noise Reduction: Off
- Black Level: Low
- Real Cinema: On (if selectable)
- Color Gamut: BT709
- Edge Enhancement: Off or Low
- Color Temp: Warm
- Gamma: 2.2
- Method: 2-Point and 10-Point together
- Pattern: Outer
- Contrast: Red -8, Green -2, Blue +2
- Brightness: Red -2, Green +2, Blue -2
- 0IRE: Red 0, Green 0, Blue 0
- 10IRE: Red 0, Green 0, Blue 0
- 20IRE: Red 0, Green -2, Blue 0
- 30IRE: Red 0, Green 0, Blue -1
- 40IRE: Red -2, Green -1, Blue 0
- 50IRE: Red -2, Green 0, Blue 0
- 60IRE: Red 0, Green 0, Blue 0
- 70IRE: Red 0, Green 0, Blue 0
- 80IRE: Red 0, Green 0, Blue 0
- 90IRE: Red 0, Green 0, Blue -4
- 100IRE: Red -1, Green 0, Blue -2
- Luminance 130