Boy I could fall a sleep in those chairs
Hello, how do you recessed lights affect the picture quality?
Hi, thanks for viewing my Home Theater. While I still plan to add additional moldings, curtains and pictures to complement the room, it is completely functional at this time. My HT measures 28' long x 13' wide, with an 8' ceiling and has a small stage in front to situate the front speaker and an 8" platform in the rear for a 2nd row of seating. Equipment is as follows:
* 110" Carada Screen with bright white / 1.4 gain screen (16 X 9)
* Optoma H77 DLP Projector
* Pioneer Elite Receiver - VSX-74TXi
* Pioneer Elite DVD Player - DV-59AVi
* Pioneer Elite CD Changer - PD-F27
* Monster Power Power Center - HTS 5000
* Adcom Speaker Selector - GFS-6 (controls ceiling speakers in other basement rooms)
* Scientific Atlanta HD Tuner - Explorer 8300HD
* Definitive Technology Towers w/ 1500 Watt Subs - BP7001SC (fronts)
* Definitive Technology Towers w/ 300 Watt Subs - BP7004 (rears)
* Definitive Technology Surrounds - BPX
* Definitive Technology Center w/ 150 Watt Sub - C/L/R 3000
* Middle Atlantic Rack with two DVD holders at bottom and all above equipment.
* Mostly Monster wires and cables, with HDMI cable to DLP Projector
With the receiver (140 X 7) and 5 powered speakers, there is nearly 5,000 Watts to slam ya with accurate and detailed sound.
I built this nearly all myself and done over a 2 year time period. The walls are all either double studded (offset) or range from 6" thick to 9" depending upon which wall. The ceiling was reinsulated with sound barrier, and double sheet rocked with resilient channel in between to reduce noise transmission to the upstairs.
It's fun with our three boys and enjoy watching and listening to everything from movies to HDTV to SACD / DVD Audio music. Let me know if you have any questions. Next up is a HD DVD or Blu Ray Player and we'll let the dust and prices settle before we jump on that wagon. Appreciate your feedback and any suggestions on how to improve. Thanks and take care!
The Authority In Entertainment Intelligence
Copyright © SOURCE INTERLINK MEDIA All rights reserved.